Steve improves his net worth by almost $5,000 since our last episode — $7,000 increase total since the start of Steve Sundays! Listen to find out how.
For full Steve Sunday episode content, stream here on the website or download on iTunes or Podcast Addict.
To follow Steve’s progress by text, follow the quarterly blog posts alongside the audio podcast. Find the spreadsheet here to follow along.
As of July 2017:
Annual income: <$50,000
School debt: $52,212.61
Credit card debt: $700
401k contribution amount: 0% (to free up money for paying off credit card debt)
Current market value in all retirement accounts: $13,562.73
Other investment vehicles: Bitcoin ($1,655.82)
Cash holdings (savings, checkings): $1,438
Side hustles: ~$33/mo
– Rent came up a little bit
– Credit card debt went down almost $2k, school debt went down about $1k
– Bitcoin has gone up about $1k, but remains volatile
– 401k passively picked up interest worth almost $1k
– Continue allocating more toward high-interest credit card and higher-interest student loan debts
– Increase 401k and tax allocations soon – knock out credit card debt ASAP
– Continue to execute strategies for moving toward $70k “happiness asymptote” income by spring 2018