Steve improves his net worth by several thousand dollars! Listen to what changed in this season’s episode of Steve Sunday.
For full Steve Sunday episode content, stream here on the website or download on iTunes or Podcast Addict.
To follow Steve’s progress by text, follow the quarterly blog posts alongside the audio podcast
As of April 2017:
Annual income: <$50,000
School debt: $53,144.23
Credit card debt: $2,509.89
401k contribution amount: 0% (to free up money for paying off credit card debt)
Current market value in all retirement accounts: $12,796.09
Other investment vehicles: Bitcoin ($747.89)
Cash holdings (savings, checkings): $1713.23
Side hustles: ~$0/mo
– Rent went down ~20% moving into new room in the house
– Salary increased from general COL raise
– Tax return used in part to pay off credit card debt
– 401k decreased to 0% and allocations increased to 2-3 to free up a few hundred a pay period to put all toward the debt.
– Continue allocating more toward high-interest credit card and higher-interest student loan debts
– Keep an eye on increased tax allocations and continue to pay the extra money from 401k decrease and tax decrease toward credit card debt
– Re-engage side hustles and consider ways to move toward ways goal of inching toward $70k “happiness asymptote” income.